Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Artsy duo ;)

For the past two weekends Hubby & I got our crafty on and made our little girl the perfect nursery.

We saw this vinyl sticker of a tree with shelves and fell in love with the idea, so we decided to  turn it into a project and make one ourselves...from top to bottom... I'm so glad we did because not only was it a ton of fun, but it makes it that much more special being made with love specially for our Princess.

Since Hubby has some Architecture under his belt and Graphic Design, we put his skills & years of schooling to work :)

We went to an Art supply store & bough the necessary materials, measured, sketched, drew, cut and piece by piece put it together.


I'm happy to say it came out even better than we expected


drawing everything up

cutting- he had some nasty blisters from that x-acto knife


1st part that went up

making sure everything lines up correctly

mounting the shelves

I was in charge of making the little animals for the tree

Mommy & Baby Bird

Snail in the making

 <3

My girly squirrel that Danny says looks like a chipmunk

The leaves were a pain in the neck







4 comments:

  1. This tree and the skill it took to make it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing!! what a fantastic idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much! I can't wait to do something just like this when I have a baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of when I first came across your IG account :) was it cheaper to make the tree yourself? I'd love to do something with wall vinyl, but the cheaper ones don't look like they'd stick very well. I'd love to say I made it but I'm not that talented! Hubs might be, though...!

    ReplyDelete

Your sweet words always make my day! :) Thank you.