Saturday, July 2, 2011

Finding out the big news!



July 1st 2011

I was feeling very 'off' all day, by that I mean just not myself...things I used to love the smell and taste of had me at the verge of gagging. Dan & I ate at our favorite sushi place. I ordered green tea, something I always drink...this time I took a sip and spit it out. It so foul to me, Dan tried it and said it was fine.
Later on that night, everything was smelling "bad" to me...I started sniffing everything and wondering what it was that bothered me, couldn't figure it out... Danny went to work and I got to doing some house work, a little bit of cleaning and last of unpacking a couple of more boxes of bathroom stuff. As I was putting everything away, I couldn't help but notice how HUGE and I mean 5 months pregnant kinda huge my stomach looked....most bloated I have ever been in my life. I even took a picture of it to show Dan because I have never seen my tummy that gigantic.
(debating  if I should post it here)

So....all these little things started making me go
" HMMMMM...." Could it be what I think it could be?

My period wasn't due for another 6 days, so I haven't missed it yet obviously but it was early enough to take one of those "first response tests" so, its about 9 PM  at this point and I'm heading out to Walgreen's to get a test. Apparently Walgreens is the place to be on a Friday night because I couldn't even get a spot, I had to wait for somebody to come out.


I picked up Charlie some dog treats while at it and hurried home.
I peed on this thing, not thinking it would ever be positive and that I would just calm my feelings of 'weirness.'


Sure enough it was positive!!!





My eyes popped out so much, I almost wish someone had gotten a picture of that cuz I'm sure it looked like something out of a cartoon. I then peed on another stick thinking I must have been reading it wrong, another positive.


So I decide to run out again and get another test, this time one that actually says "pregnant" or "not pregnant"






I thought to myself....
'no freaking way! people try months even years for this


So there, Its official...I'm gonna be a Mommy :)
VERY excited, VERY surprised and kinda sorta wished it would have waited till after the wedding, but not everything always goes as planned, right?


First person I text was Erica, I ran this by her before I even took the test
her reaction "OMG! OMG! AH!" pretty much like my reaction too.

Second person I told was my sister Monica, it was late in NY by then so she got scared that I was texting but after words she was excited :)

Danny was at work and I really didnt wanna tell him via text - so I had to wait till he got home, it was insanely hard to text him throughout the night and not say anything. When he came home I just gave him a big hug without saying anything and handed him the 3 tests, he was very confused at first and said "what is this?"
After he figured it out, he was super excited of course,
he even teared up a bit - it was such a sweet moment for us

According to my own calculations the due date will be sometime around our birthday,
Some sites told me March 10th...some March 12th.
I wont know for sure till the Doctors apt which is Aug 1st


We established names in Hawaii actually, back in March when the idea of having a baby was discussed on more serious terms.

Hudson for a Boy
Sienna for a Girl


***



July 4th 2011
1 month - nothing but a bloated belly

Hudsons or Siennas nursery in the making



After this little photo shoot we took a trip to Payson :)



***



July 8th, 2011

5 weeks today and cant stop eating.


I love my appleseed :)

Chinese gender chart says BOY -
 apparently some people swear by this thing.




***

July 9th 2011

Dear Baby,
You are the size of an appleseed and I love you already. I am dying to know if you're a little Hudson or a little Sienna. Your Daddy's family thinks for sure you're a girl and refers to you by your name ( which they love). I think you're a boy and so does your Uncle Chris. I am very impatient and don't know how I'm going to make it to 5 months to find out! Every time I'm in Target I wanna buy you a cute little outfit, but I cant!(unisex things are not cute) I have always pictured myself with boy, but as long as you're healthy I will be ecstatic either way. I think we are going to do a 3D ultrasound before 20 weeks :) Many people already call you Sienna or Hudson, its pretty funny actually. I'm looking forward to hearing your heartbeat for the first time in a couple of weeks, your daddy is coming to the apt with me so he can hear too, we are so very excited that we were blessed with you.  Keep growing nice and healthy in there for us.

Love,
        Mom








No comments:

Post a Comment

Your sweet words always make my day! :) Thank you.