While everyone is soaking up the Christmas spirit,
I find myself a little sad around this time of year
I know I sound like a total Grinch,
and while I'm certain moving as far away as possible from NY was the best decision, its hard for me around the holidays. I miss the smells coming out of the kitchen while my mom cooked, the Polish Christmas Carols that my dad always blasted and just the feel of HOME during Christmas is what I miss most.
We debated weather or not to fly back...almost booked tickets actually, Danny put the ultimate decision on me...and while it sounded real nice to just get on the plane and go, the rational part of me realized that it wasn't as easy as that...here is why:
1. The drastic climate change can make us or baby sick...making it miserable for everyone
2. If we shell out $850 dollars in tickets now...we probably wont be able to go in the summer when Sienna is walking and can actually play outside and have fun
3. Id have to buy her a whole winter woredrobe - she doesnt own super warm clothes & coats
4. Sienna is horrible on 10 minute car rides to the store, what the heck would she do on a 5 hour plane ride? shes not the best sleeper either
5. crows, lines, delays, possible snow storm airport strandings
6. I'm still exclusively pumping and traveling with a 20 lbs pump in my carry on is no fun on top of being tied down to pumping itself.
I want Sienna to have a perfect first Christmas, I have to snap out of this for her sake and make the best of it as the three of us.
Anyone have any cute traditions to share that we could start with her?
This past weekend, I finally started decorating. We got a tree & hubby gave me my Christmas present early :)
I'm slowing "de-grinching" haha