Friday, March 15, 2013

Birthday Party details: Part 1

we made it. We survived. Phewww

 Months and months of planning the most perfect party for the girl who deserves nothing less. Now that its behind us, lets talk about the details since I've been missing in action for a little while now.

Before I begin, I want to thank everyone for the sweet messages & birthday wishes and to everyone who came to her party...especially to those who had to travel many hours by plane to get here! Sienna is such a loved little girl, we are so blessed to have such wonderful friends & family who would do anything for her. We love you all!

Her party was FABULOUS!
I couldn't have imagined a better day
We woke up at 6AM that day and slaved away in the kitchen, 
I wanted everything including her cake to be homemade...Danny's mom kept telling me I was crazy to give myself this amount of  extra work and pressure to get it done on time, but to me it was so worth it. Everything was healthy, and delicious  The cake wasn't loaded with food dye and sugar like it  would have been coming from the store.

So what was on the party menu?
lots of stuff! had to make enough of everything for 48 people but I was up for the challenge. I had a mini freak out at one point but somehow we managed. 

Buffalo cauliflower 
deviled eggs
chicken enchilada dip

Bruschetta

Tomato, mozzarella & basil bites

zucchini roll ups

My mom made Polish pierogi - they were gone in minutes!


Sienna had vanilla cake with blueberries instead of frosting

Lasagna roll ups



Homemade Strawberry lemonade


Other food not pictured:
fruit platter
cheese & cracker platter
Jalapeno yogurt dip
cream puffs
cheesecake brownies
hummus, veggies & pita bread
macaroni salad
 carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting
Vanilla cupcakes with chocolate frosting
Vanilla cake with raspberry frosting made by yours truly ;)
napoeolians
chocolate covered strawberry & mint puffs

9 comments:

  1. Suddenly the tuna sandwich I'm eating for lunch doesn't seem quite as exciting as it did 5 mins ago! And yay for the pierogi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! My mouth is watering! It looks like your little Sienna had a beautiful party!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so adorable!! this is awesome; i've been planning on doing a "you are my sunshine" birthday party for my little one for months! she turns one in april, and i've already gotten her a yellow bday dress and planning on incorporating bunting in my decor ;) great minds think alike! what an adorable party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously adorable. great job, really!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks amazing! You are making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow everything looks amazing! I will have to remember this post in a few months!!!
    Katie
    godslittlegrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your sweet words always make my day! :) Thank you.