Thursday, August 1, 2013

Chocolate Gluten-Free mini muffins

Chocolate. I am pretty much obsessed and if there is anyway that I can incorporate it into a healthy snack, I will. These are super rich, chocolatey and have an added bonus of being gluten-free. We are not a gluten free family, though we try our best to reduce our gluten intake as much as possible. A glass of milk is a must when consuming these :)


Pre-heat the oven to 350°
Ingredients:
  • 2/3 cup cocoa powder 
  • 1 egg + 1 egg white
  • 1/4 cup of maple syrup (a great healthy sweetner)
  • 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips (mini or chopped would be best)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/8 cup of coconut oil; melted
Combine all ingredients and stir well.  Scoop into mini muffin pan (should make 12.)  Bake for 10-11 minutes.  Do not bake too long or they will be dry.  Remove from pan when cooled.  Top with peanut butter or strawberry jam if desired.  

I leave you with a little clip of my sweet girl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your sweet words always make my day! :) Thank you.